1972 CURRAWONG 30’ Masthead Sloop “Magic Dragon”
Located: Gold Coast, Queensland
Online bidding to commence on Tuesday, 24th October and will end on Monday, 30th October 2023 at 2pm AEST.
Back for Auction due to the new owner’s personal circumstances. Well know OCEAN CAPABLE CRUSIER, designed by Peter Joubert
• 1981 : a Currawong 30' “Zeuss II” Won the 1981 Sydney to Hobart and has competed in this race 15 other years.
• 2022: a Currawong 30' “Currawong” competed Sydney to Hobart 2-handed division.
- Length 9.14m - Draft 1.68m - Beam 3m
- Displacement 3988kg
- Ballast 1837kg Lead
- Fibreglass/GRP Fin with rudder on skeg
- Engine 10HP Volvo MD1B Deisel
- Key Start https://youtu.be/gTXnbqRFIYM
- Flywheel Crank Start (secondary start) https://youtube.com/shorts/6l9GtNrPJ7Q
- Engine hours less than 100 since overhaul
- 1 x 12v Battery plus charger via solar panels with 50A inverter
- Switchboard and battery isolator
- GME VHF, compass
- Navman multi 3100 – turns on -untested
- Navman tracker 5607 GPS -turns on- untested
- Raymarine ST6002 Tiller pilot – turns on- untested
- Fuel 50L underfloor
- Water 120L
- 1 enclosed head
- SS Sink / Metho 2 burner on gimble / icebox
- Anchor Bruce and Danforth, 50m warp, 18m chain
- Lewmar elec winch and windlass
- Bilge Pump 2xmanual 1x 12v
- Sleeps 6
- Alum mast, SS Base and rigging
- Sails condition stated as fair
- 4 Sail packets, contents not viewed, forward V berth
- 5 manual winches
- *Marine Auctions have not checked sail inventory, or condition, as supplied by the previous owner:- Dacron Mainsail, #1 & #2, Storm Jib and Trisail, 2 Spinnakers, Spinnaker Pole and harken furler
For a full list of specifications, photos and an inspection contact:
Warren Harmer - 0418 776 939
To Register to Bid visit www.marineauctions.com.au
Online Auction Terms, Buyers Premium 7.5% excluding GST applies. 10% Deposit at the close of the Online Auction or Acceptance of offer and balance of the purchase price to be paid in full at settlement on or before Monday, 6th November 2023. To be sold in AUD DOLLARS.
To Register for bidding go to www.marineauctions.com.au
DISCLAIMER: Marine Auctions offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. As the vessel is sold” As Is Where Is” Marine Auctions highly recommends that every potential purchaser inspect or arrange a surveyor or representative on their behalf to inspect the vessel prior to bidding.